- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ cup onion sliced thin and long
- 2 small beets sliced thin and long
- 1 carrot sliced thin and long
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tomato peeled seeded and chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Warm the oil in a big pot.
- Cook the beet, onion, carrot, and garlic together for five minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, until all the vegetables are cooked.
- When all the vegetables are cooked, throw in the rice vinegar or lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped cilantro and serve.