- 1 1/2 cup chocolate (soy/almond/regular) milk
- 1 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons canola/vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon confectioner sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 chocolate bar (milk or dark)
- topping cherries
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Warm milk (lukewarm) and mix with vinegar and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- In a different bowl, mix sugar (both granulated and brown), butter, oil, and vanilla extract together. Cream well.
- Mix the two mixtures together, and add flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the batter into two separate 9-inch round or square pans and bake for 22-30 minutes.
- After baking, let both halves cool completely before removing from pan. (Separate the two halves)
- To make the frosting–pour the cream, confectioner sugar, and vanilla essence into a blender and whip for 30 seconds.
- Spread frosting over one of the cake halves and spread sliced cherries over it. Then, place the second half on top of the bottom half.
- Spread frosting over the top and 4 sides of the cake. Grate chocolate over the cake. Then, arrange whole cherries over the cake and serve.