- 1 cup Trader Joe’s “Multigrain Baking & Pancake Mix”
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (essence)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped & roasted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & oil a 9-inch bunt cake pan.
- In a blender, mix the oil, dates, vanilla extract, sugar, and milk to make the liquid batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, TJ’s multigrain baking mix, baking powder, and baking soda.
- To form the batter, mix the liquid batter with the dry ingredients.
- Add the walnuts & mix.
- Pour the batter evenly in the oiled bunt cake pan.
- Bake for around 45 minutes. At 45 minutes, insert a toothpick or small knife into the cake; if it comes out clean, remove the cake. If it doesn’t, bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- After around 10 minutes, carefully remove the cake and serve.
**Cake may be stored at room temperature for around 4-5 days.**
**Regular whole wheat flour may be substituted for both the multigrain baking mix and the pastry flour (use 2 cups of whole wheat flour instead of 1 cup of multigrain and 1 cup of pastry)**