Makes about 12 slices.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk (any type works)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (1/4 cup works)
- 2 mashed medium bananas (the riper, the better)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 Packet Quakers Oatmeal “Maple and Brown Sugar” Flavor
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and oatmeal (uncooked) in a big bowl.
- In the same bowl, mix the mashed bananas, milk, vanilla extract, vinegar, and oil. Then, add the crushed walnuts and mix again.
- After mixing, pour batter into any (oiled) baking pan and place in oven heated to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour. Cool for 10 minutes and serve.
*Cake may be enjoyed warm or cold.
**If desired, 1/4 cup chocolate chips may be added.