Serves 1 person.
- 1/2 fresh avocado slices
- 2 “Ozery Bakery” Multi-grain Sliders, minis (found at Whole Foods)
- 1 slice pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup of any brand Bruschetta sauce (marinara sauce works)
- marinated artichokes (optional)
- Slice the Multi-grain sliders in half.
- Spread the Bruschetta sauce on both sides.
- Top with avocado slices, cheese and artichokes.
- Toast until cheese melts. Serve warm.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup fresh/frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- ½ cup pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¾ cup prepared salsa
- ½ cup yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- about 20 crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Arrange all the salad in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the green onion and cilantro over the salad.
- Mash avocado in separate bowl and add salsa, yogurt, and lemon juice.
- Season with hot sauce (optional) and Salt and Pepper, if desired.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss well, and top with chips.
- 19 oz can of black beans
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- 1 1/2 tsp.chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- guacamole (see below)
- tomato salsa (see below)
- sour cream (to taste)
- shredded cheddar (to taste)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Mash the black beans with the garlic and chili powder; spread this on the bottom of a bowl.
- Layer the guacamole, salsa, and sour cream on top.
- Sprinkle the cheddar, tomatoes, and scallions and serve.