Makes 5 crepes
- 1 cup multigrain pancake mix (any type works)
- 1 cup milk (soy, almond, fat free)
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- cinnamon and sugar (to taste)
- agave syrup (to taste) (optional)*
- Mix the pancake mix, milk, and flax seeds together in a bowl.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick griddle. Pour a medium sized amount of batter onto the griddle.
- Flip when bubbles start to appear around edges.
- When ready, lay out apple slices in a line. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of the apples. Drizzle agave syrup over the crepe. Roll and serve immediately.
*Cinnamon, sugar, and agave may be substituted for chocolate syrup and peanut butter.
Serves 4 people.
- 2 fuji apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup apple juice (any type)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the apples, cherries, 1 teaspoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the lemon and apple juice, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (including the leftover cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour) and mix well.
- In a greased baking pan, spread the second blend on top of the apple mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. **After 45 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.**
*Crumbles can be enjoyed with ice cream if desired.
**Peaches, strawberries, blueberries, apricots, and pears can be substituted in for cherries or apples.
Red Cabbage and Green Apple Salad
- 1/2 of a green apple, sliced into very thin pieces
- 1/2 cup red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 tsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp Peanut Sauce*
- crushed peanuts (to taste)
- cilantro leaves (to taste)
- Arrange the cabbage and apple slices on a plate.
- Drizzle the agave syrup atop the apple slices.
- Drizzle the peanut sauce over the salad.
- Sprinkle the crushed peanuts and cilantro leaves on top of the salad (to taste) and serve.
*For Peanut Sauce:
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp seasme oil (any oil works)
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions for Peanut Sauce: Mix everything together in a small bowl.
**Sauce can be refrigerated for up to a week.
***Green cabbage and red apple can be substituted for red cabbage and green apple.