- 1 can condensed milk (about 400 g)
- 1 can round-sliced pineapples (remove water)
- 10 red cherries
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpuse flour
- slightly less than 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup club soda (sparkling water)
- 1/2 teaspoon pineapple essence
- few drops of yellow food coloring (optional)
- 5-6 tablespoons sugar (for caramalization)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking pan with butter and arrange the pineapple slices and cherries at the base of the pan.
- Mix the sugar and water in a separate pan and and heat until the syrup turns brown.
- Pour the syrup over the pineapple slices.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking soda, baking powder, and all purpose flour together.
- In a bowl, mix the butter, condensed milk, pineapple essence, and the food coloring. Then, add the ingredients from the previous step, along with the club soda, and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the pan over the pineapple slices and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- When done, let cake sit for 10 minutes and then flip over. Serve with the pineapple slices facing up.