- round slices of watermelon
- fresh mozzarella cheese (round slices)
- reduced balsamic vinegar*
- fresh basil
- Take two round slices of watermelon. Lay 1 slice of cheese between the watermelon slices.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the watermelon.
- Top with basil and serve.
*How to make reduced balsamic vinegar: Boil 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar for 10 minutes. The 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar should be reduced to 1-2 tablespoons.
**Sandwiches may be warmed (to melt the cheese) if desired.
Makes 5 crepes
- 1 cup multigrain pancake mix (any type works)
- 1 cup milk (soy, almond, fat free)
- 2 tbsp flax seed
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- cinnamon and sugar (to taste)
- agave syrup (to taste) (optional)*
- Mix the pancake mix, milk, and flax seeds together in a bowl.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick griddle. Pour a medium sized amount of batter onto the griddle.
- Flip when bubbles start to appear around edges.
- When ready, lay out apple slices in a line. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top of the apples. Drizzle agave syrup over the crepe. Roll and serve immediately.
*Cinnamon, sugar, and agave may be substituted for chocolate syrup and peanut butter.
Serves 4 people.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp mango (or regular) custard powder
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk**
- 1 cup fresh mango
- Boil the milk until small bubbles start to form around the edges.
- Mix custard powder with 1 tbsp water and add to the milk.
- Stir continuously and reduce the heat to low.
- Once custard thickens, add sweetened condensed milk and stir.
- Transfer into a bowl and cool. Chill thoroughly in a refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, add mango chunks and enjoy!
*Chocolate flakes may be added if desired.
**Condensed milk may be substituted with carnation milk.
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1/4 cup rice flour*
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cups yogurt or buttermilk**
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp agave syrup
- Mix everything except the lemon zest and blueberries in a blender.
- Add the lemon zest and the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a waffle maker.
- When finished, top with your choice of fruits and agave syrup and serve!
*Rice flour can be substituted with oats.
**Yogurt may be substituted with any type of milk.