- 3/4 cup chocolate soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium beetroot, roasted and pureed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond milk
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Warm the chocolate almond/soy milk for 1 minute in the microwave.
- In a bowl, mix in cocoa powder, and vinegar until the powder dissolves in the warm milk.
- In a separate large bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix the milk with oil, beet, margarine and sugar in food processor.
- Add this mixture to the flour (second) bowl and mix.
- Put the cake in your choice of oiled baking or bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack.
1. Melt the three ingredients under “Ganache” in a microwave and then mix thoroughly. After the cake has cooled, pour over the cake and enjoy!
*Chopped walnuts can be added to the batter if desired.