Serves 4 People
- 4 slices of bread (any type works)
- 2 cups soy, almond, or regular milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp pancake mix or all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp confectioners’/powdered sugar
- whipped cream (optional)
- Place all ingredients, other than bread, powdered sugar and whipped cream, into a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a nonstick pan (grease the pan with a thin layer of butter).
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter and place on nonstick pan.
- Cook on low heat, each side until the bread becomes golden brown in color.
- Top with powdered sugar. Fresh fruit and whipped cream may be added.