Serves 4 people.
- 2 fuji apples (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Quick oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup apple juice (any type)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the apples, cherries, 1 teaspoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, the lemon and apple juice, and 1 tablespoon brown sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients (including the leftover cinnamon, brown sugar, and flour) and mix well.
- In a greased baking pan, spread the second blend on top of the apple mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. **After 45 minutes, remove the aluminum foil and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.**
*Crumbles can be enjoyed with ice cream if desired.
**Peaches, strawberries, blueberries, apricots, and pears can be substituted in for cherries or apples.