- 1 cup Pinto Beans (soaked overnight)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground roasted cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 dried chili
- sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Masa Harina (corn flour)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon grated celery
- Rinse the beans. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add the oregano, coriander, chili, cumin, and celery. Cook for few minutes.
- Add beans with 2 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Close the lid and bring the pressure to high, wait for few seconds and slow the heat for half an hour.
- Puree beans, and return them to the pot. Add Masa Harina Flour and cook for another 5 minutes on slow heat.
- Taste for salt and black pepper.
- Add fresh cilantro and serve with some corn chips.