- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 cup brown lentils
- Pour broth in a large bowl over medium to high heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic and cook for 8 minutes until pepper is tender.
- Stir in chili powder and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add lentils and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low to medium and simmer, partially covered for 30 minutes or until lentils are almost tender.
- Uncover and cook 10 more minutes. Sprinkle in cilantro, stir, and serve.